St. Louis criminal defense attorney W. Scott Rose has more than 20 years of experience practicing law. He limits his practice exclusively to criminal and DWI defense work, including defending people in the St. Louis area accused of property damage crimes.
In St. Louis, criminal charges for property damage can have serious consequences. Property damage involves property being destroyed, including homes, buildings, motor vehicles, and public property. When property damage occurs, the accused is at risk of facing hefty fines, jail time, and a criminal record.If you are accused of property damage in the St. Louis area, you you need an experienced criminal defense attorney to protect your rights.
Property Damage Crimes in St. Louis
Property damage charges are based on a number of factors in St. Louis, including:
- Type of property (e.g., home, car, personal item)
- Severity of damage (e.g., broken window, arson)
- Monetary value of the damage
- Negligent or intentional property damage
- Whether the property damage occurred during the commission of another crime, such as burglary
- Whether the property damage was motivated by racial or ethnic animus, also known as a “hate crime”
It is important that you immediately hire a property damage defense attorney