St. Louis criminal defense attorney W. Scott Rose has 20 years of experience practicing law and limits his practice to criminal defense work in the St. Louis area, including charges of domestic violence.
Being convicted of a domestic violence charge in St. Louis can have long lasting effects on your ability to obtain employment, own a firearm, or even see your children. If you have been charged with the crime of assault against a family member, you must meet with a domestic violence defense attorney as soon as possible to ensure your rights are protected.
Domestic Violence in St. Louis
In St. Louis, domestic violence is classified as a specific type of assaultive behavior directed toward members of a person ‘s family or household, generally including: spouses, parents, romantic partners, and and someone with whom you have a child in common. The term domestic violence refers to several criminal acts when committed against any of the above-listed family members. You may face domestic violence penalties as a result of committing the crimes of:
- Causing, attempting to cause, or recklessly causing physical injury, physical pain, or illness
- With criminal negligence causing physical injury by means of a weapon
- Purposely placing someone in apprehension of immediate physical injury
- Recklessly engaging in conduct that creates a substantial risk of death or serious physical injury
- Causing physical contact knowing the other person will regard the contact as offensive
- Knowingly attempting to cause or causing the isolation of someone by unreasonable and substantially restricting or limiting his or her access to other persons, telecommunication devices, or transportation
It is important that you immediately hire a domestic violence defense attorney