St. Louis criminal defense attorney W. Scott Rose has more than 20 years of experience practicing law. He limits his practice to criminal defense work in the St. Louis area, including work to reinstate one’s drivers license after a five or ten-year denial.
If you have had more than one DWI conviction in Missouri, you may have lost your driver ‘s license for five or even ten years. After you have completed the five or ten-year revocation period, you may be eligible to have your driver ‘s license reinstated. Doing so, however, requires an attorney to file a petition on your behalf in Circuit Court. Rose Legal Services can help you complete this process.
Driver’s License Reinstatement in St. Louis
Whether you qualify for reinstatement of your driving privileges in Missouri after a five or ten-year DWI denial depends on many factors, including:
- If you have been found guilty of an offense related to alcohol, controlled substances, or drugs while your driver ‘s license was revoked
- How many points are on your driving record
- Whether you are qualified to obtain a driver ‘s license
- The results of a criminal background check
- Whether there are any “holds” on your driving record for failure to appear in court, an unsatisfied judgment related to a motor-vehicle accident, or a child-support suspension, and
- Your habits and conduct and whether a judge believes that you no longer pose a threat to the public safety of the state
It is important that you immediately hire an attorney to reinstate your driver's license